A Headache is deined as a pain in the head or upper neck. It is one of the most common locations of pain in the body and has several causes. The International Headache Society has divided headaches into three categories:
- Primary Headaches:
- Tension headache
- Migraine headache
- Cluster headache
- Secondary Headaches
- Due to underlying structural problem in the head or neck from bleeding in the brain, tumor or meningitis and encephalitis
- Cranial Neuralgias, Facial pain and other Headaches
- Cranial Neuralgia – nerve pain in the head or upper neck
- Facial Pain – abscessed tooth, sinus infection, sinusitis, injury to face, TMJ disorder, etc.
- Other – stress, dilated blood vessels and muscular tension
Painkillers vs Natural Remedies
Taking painkillers regulary can reduce their effectiveness and make the brain more sensitive to pain and prone to further headaches. The most effective way of treating headaches is through natural remedies.
Some of the recommended Natural Remedies include:
- Avoiding caffeine, eg. chocolate, cola and tea