- Posted by taichi
- On April 13, 2019
Nutritionally, lemongrass is an essential source of Vitamin A and, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (Pyridoxine), Vitamin C and essential minerals such folate, folic acid, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, phosphorus, calcium, manganese.
- Maintain Cholesterol Levels: absorb cholesterol from the intestine and helps in the reducing of LDL-cholesterol in the bloods and helps to prevent atherosclerosis.
- Cleanses and Detoxification:helps remove toxins, uric acid and bad cholesterol from the body via increasing the frequency and quantity of urination (urination helps clean out the kidney), which helps in maintaining digestive health, eliminating fats, assisting in maintaining a clean system.
- Fights cancer:causes the cancer cells to commit suicide without affecting healthy normal cells of the body. The component, citral, helps in inhibiting the growth of hepatic cancer cells during the initial phases and prevents further production of cancerous cells. Also impeding the growth of human breast cancer cells and the induction of apoptosis.
- Heals colds and flu:helps your body cope with cough, fever, and other cold and flu symptoms. It is rich with vitamin C that boosts your immune system to fight infection.
- Helps digestion:promote healthy digestion such as indigestion, constipation, heartburn, diarrhoea, bloating, flatulence, stomach spasms, vomiting and cramps. It has antiseptic compounds that effectively kill bad bacteria and parasites in the digestive tract and repopulate the good bacteria in the colon.
- Reduce arthritis pain:it has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties that helps treat arthritis, rheumatism, osteoarthritis, gout and other types of joint pain. It also helps to alleviate muscle spasms or sprains by relaxing the muscles.
- Benefits new mothers:helps increase breast milk production and helps the babies remain healthy and free from infections.
- Fighting depression:relieves anxiety, boosts self-esteems, uplifts spirits, gives confidence and improves mental strength. It has calming effect on the mind and body, also helps to sleep better.
- Reduces body odour:helps to control excessive sweating and destroy or inhibit microorganisms that cause body odour.
- Keeps skin healthy:helps to alleviate skin issues from large pores to fungal infections. Helps limit bacterial or microbial growth on the skin. It also helps minimize pores, limits the secretions of oil and makes the skin firm.
Nutritionally, ginger provides a variety of vitamins and minerals: carbohydrate, dietary fiber, protein, dietary fiber, sugars, sodium, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, folate, riboflavin, niacin and iron.
- Digestive issues:helps to relieve gastronintestinal irritation, stimulate saliva and bile productino and suppress gastric contractions and movement of food and fluid through the GI tract.
- Nausea:chewing raw ginger or drinking tea is a common home remedy for nausea during cancer treatment.
- Pain reduction:helps to reduce the symptoms of dysmenorrhea (severe pain during a menstrual cyccle).
- Inflammation: helps to reduce inflammation and treat inflammatory conditions.